Echo in Life Support [ECHO131121] - 1 Day Course
Course starts on 21 Nov 2013
ACEM | MOPS 11, accredited for the credentialing process (heart)
ACRRM | Points and MOPS 30 PRPD Points + 30 PRPD EM and Radiology MOPS Points Procedural Grant 1 Day EM
ANZCA | Category 1 Level 1 Activity: Lectures: 1 credit per hour: Category 1 Level 2 Activity: Pre-reading: 1 credit per hour: Category 3 Level 1 Activity: Case study review: 2 credits per hour: Category 3 Level 2 Activity: Practical Session: 3 credits per hour
CICM | Activity Group 1 (Self Learning) Category 1A – Passive Self Learning, 1 point per hour (pre-course learning); Activity Group 2 (Group Learning); Category 2B – Active Group Learning. 2 points per hour (hands on practical skills); Activity Group 3 (Quality Assurance and Patient Safety Activities); NIL
RACGP | This activity has been approved by the RACGP QI&CPD Program. Total 40 Category 1 points Activity Number - 763575 RACGP Procedural Grant 1 day Emergency Medicine or Anaesthetics
Approved by ACRRM and RACGP for the Rural Procedural Grants Program
Echo in Life Support (ECHO) courses are delivered in 1/3 theory and 2/3 practical sessions.
ECHO courses are presented over one day and are designed for those that have ultrasound experience, have completed ultrasound training within the previous three years, are familiar with machine operation and want to extend their specialist scanning skills.
ECHO courses are multi modal in their delivery, and include:
- a pre-course online lecture component
- onsite delivery focused on developing practical skills with five hours of scanning time and a low 3:1 student teacher ratio.
- Practical skills are emphasised with a focus on the integration of peri arrest echocardiography assessment in an arrest scenario, including a resuscitation simulation.
Course development and delivery is overseen by Dr. Adam Bystrzycki, emergency physician with The Alfred Hospital.
At the conclusion of this course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in understanding cardiac ultrasound principles
- Demonstrate practical proficiency in attaining basic echocardiography views
- Gain specific experience in navigating the ultrasound system and its features for the purposes of cardiac assessment
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing and interpreting cardiac ultrasound scans - including common pathology - in an emergency environment
- Understand practical applications and limitations of cardiac ultrasound
|Echo in Life Support Program|
|Day one||Basic echocardiography views
Echocardiography - pathology and imaging pitfalls
Integration of Peri Arrest Echo Assessment in an arrest scenario
Practical session - Resuscitation simulation
This course has places available.
Price:AU $ 990.00 (inc. GST)
Course Start Date:21 Nov 2013
Registrations Close:14 Nov 2013
Please call if registration period closed.
Start and Finish Times:
Day 1 start: 0830hrs
Day 2+ (if relevant): 0900hrs
Finish approx: 1700hrs
Ultrasound Training Solutions Melbourne
PO Box 317
Level 1, Unit 2
132 - 138 Upper Heidelberg Rd
Ivanhoe VIC 3079
Fax: +61 (0)3 9497 4441
Suean Pascoe - Director
Mob: 0422 000 750
Oriana Tolo - Director
Mob: 0418 506 878