A blended approach to learning lung ultrasound
Combining focused online content with 1-on-1 hands-on training, the lung blended learning ultrasound courses delivers the best of both worlds. It’s flexible, on demand and ready when you are: it’s like having your own ultrasound personal trainer.
What you get
You get access to two online modules with over 11.5 hours of content, including case studies developed by our international contributors:
- Getting started in ultrasound online module
- Lung online module
3 hours of 1-on-1 training
- either with us in Melbourne or
- over 3 one hour virtual ultrasound education sessions delivered in real-time online – wherever you are.
The choice is yours.
Learn how to integrate lung ultrasound into the assessment of the arrested, breathless, febrile or shocked patient. Understand how the image is generated to successfully correlate with the clinical presentation.
On completion of this one-day clinically focused ultrasound program, you will:
- Use ultrasound system controls to optimise imaging for accurate diagnosis
- Develop proficiency in probe manipulation to efficiently acquire diagnostic images
- Describe the limitations and clinical integration of the lung ultrasound examination
- Use a systematic approach to conduct ultrasound assessment of the lungs in the shocked, arrested, breathless and febrile patient
- Demonstrate ultrasound guided needle placement in plane and out of plane for draining pleural effusions using ultrasound simulators