A blended approach to learning ultrasound for family planning
Combining focused online content with 1-on-1 hands-on training, the family planning blended learning ultrasound courses delivers the best of both worlds. It’s flexible, on demand and ready when you are: it’s like having your own ultrasound personal trainer.
What you get
You get access to two online modules with over 12 hours of content, including case studies developed by our international contributors:
- Getting started in ultrasound online module
- MTOP Ultrasound online module
- 7 hours of 1-on-1 training with us in Melbourne.
Confirm an intrauterine pregnancy and estimate the gestational age, evaluate for RPOC and IUCD positioning.
Evaluate for ectopic pregnancy, confirm an intrauterine pregnancy or discover the cause of your patient’s pain and bleeding.
On completion of this clinically focused ultrasound program, learners will be able to:
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of transabdominal and transvaginal ultrasound in early pregnancy assessment
- Perform a structured ultrasound examination of early pregnancy
- Describe the sonographic appearances and diagnostic criteria of
- Normal intrauterine pregnancy
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Molar pregnancy
- Twin pregnancy
- Pregnancy of unknown location
- Outline the diagnostic criteria for pregnancy failure
- Perform a transabdominal and transvaginal ultrasound assessment of the pelvis using a systematic approach
- Recognise the variable appearance of the uterus and ovaries of the menstrual and life cycles
- Discuss the utility of ultrasound in evaluating retained products of conception
- Recognise the correct placement of intrauterine contraceptive devices
- Describe the sonographic appearances of common pathologies of the pelvis
- Describe the limitations and clinical integration of ultrasound in termination of pregnancy