Learn more about the Train the UltraSound Trainer (TRUST)™ Course
Be the ultrasound teacher you've always wanted to be Join us for TRUST 25 - 26 November 2023 | 4 - 5 May 2024 | 7 - 8 November 2024
But don't take our word for it - hear from those who've experienced TRUST
ObjectivesOn completion of this two-day program, you will take home the skills to:
- Adapt your teaching style for the learner’s needs
- Structure and sequence your teaching for optimum results or effective learning
- Break down your practical skills teaching sessions into manageable chunks
- Plan effective teaching sessions
- Outline 10 strategies to keep learners engaged
- Describe a step by step method for teaching image acquisition
- Explore different methods for teaching anatomy to the ultrasound student
- Learn how to communicate the probe moves for hands off teaching
- Be an effective clinical supervisor
- Fully utilise the ultrasound instructors tool kit
- Modules (total) 10
- Skill level All
- Duration (days) 2
- Lectures (hours) 14
- Clinician No
- Zedu redo Yes
Day 1: 0830 – 1700
Day 2: 0830 – 1700
Matching teaching and learning styles
- What makes an effective teacher
- What makes an effective learner
- Learning styles
- Teaching styles
- Adapting your teaching style for optimum results
How do we learn best?
- How do we process information?
- Different types of memory and their impact on how we teach
- Understand cognitive load and why it makes learning difficult
- Tips to minimise cognitive load
- What is chunking and why does this help?
- Strategies to scaffold learning
Structure and sequence learning
- How to deconstruct a skill to discover the minimal learning units
- Figure out what to teach
- Sequence teaching in the best order for maximum results
A structured method to teach image acquisition
- Define the parameters
- Finding the right window
- A step by step method to optimise the view
- Optimising the image
How to teach sonoanatomy
- How to break down the teach of anatomy for ultrasound
- Novel ideas for teaching anatomy
- Putting into practice
- How to apply the George and Doto teaching model to teaching ultrasound
- The six steps in planning an effective teaching session
- Writing SMART learning objectives
How to communicate the probe moves
- The argument for using a common lexicon
- How to teach probe manipulation
- Teaching the probe moves
- Tips for teaching spatial reasoning
How to keep learners engaged
- 10 strategies for keeping learners engaged and getting the most out of your practical teaching sessions
- How to accommodate heterogeneity in your group of learners
- How to manage the group
- How to deal with ‘probe hogs’
Effective clinical supervision
- How to keep learning relevant
- Learning contracts
- Reflective practice
- Goal setting
- Effective feedback
The ultrasound instructor’s toolkit
- The essentials tools for successful teaching
A great training course is only the beginning of your learning journey
To help you master ultrasound teaching we engage you from the outset
Before your course:
There are pre course activities & access to preparatory learning resources to maximise your in-class experience
During your course:
- Focused sessions to provide foundational knowledge
- Interactive exercises to promote interdisciplinary learning and peer to perr learning
After your course:
The learning continues
- A great selection of free access online medical ultrasound (FoamUS) learning resources
- You can subscribe to the weekly wrap – a weekly curation of ultrasound related hot tips and journal articles
- Be a part of our community of clever – Join our peer support network with our monthly “Coaching Corner” sessions. Send in your questions, join the live online meeting and have your questions answered.
The Zedu Redo – our commitment to you
We encourage you to refresh your training with us by taking up the opportunity to return within 12 months and do a complimentary redo of this course at no cost (subject to availability)
More Ways Zedu Can support your ultrasound teaching skills development:
- Coaching corner – monthly webinar
Train the UltraSound Trainer (TRUST)™ Course
Be the ultrasound teacher you’ve always wanted to be
Join us for TRUST
4 – 5 May ’24 | 9-10 Nov ’24
Don’t have enough time to develop your student’s skills, let alone your own teaching skills?
Do you want to be a better teacher but don’t know where to start?
Are you frustrated your learning intentions are not translating to the learning outcomes you need fast enough?
Effective ultrasound traching requires more than knowing how to scan. Zedu’s TRain the UltraSound Trainer (TRUST™) course is designed to transition you from competent scanner to confident educator.
The TRUST™ course is THE ultimate ultrasound instructor’s course that will give you the shortcuts to upskill your students quickly.
This program is designed to give you the skills and knowledge to help you TEACH better and accelerate your student’s progress.
Learn how to structure your ultrasound teaching to make learning easy for your students, and life simpler for you.
Internationally recognised, this course is highly recommended for anyone who is passionate about becoming the best ultrasound instructor they can be.